Your cart is currently empty.
- We produce a variety of process piping, such as elbows, elements for pipe trusses, canopies, bridges, and arches of all kinds, including those used in playground equipment.
- We have provided pipe-bending services for fabric architecture. This combination of two types of materials have been used successfully in so many projects.
- Curved half pipes are often welded onto storage tank walls as a “jacket” for heating or cooling.
- Aluminum pipe is often rolled for use in displays and exhibits, and circular rolled pipe is often used for signage.
- We can roll pipe to multiple radius, Because of its symmetrical nature and with the right machine, tooling, and method for the task pipe can be bent to very consistent radius.
- Pipe bending can also be performed across two planes, like the helical pipe used for handrails and stringers on circular staircases. CMRP can also curve pipes to very large radius, a service that not all custom pipe forming companies can provide.
- From the tightest bend to the broadest, Taimco forming processes produce little to no distortion or ovality.
- We can help Bend Square / rectangular tubes up to sizes 2″ x 2″, Minimum Radius 300 mm, Soled Rectangular Tubes 3″ x 0.75″, Minimum Radius 150 mm, Solid Square 0.75″ x 0.75″ Minimum Radius 200 mm, Solid Round Bars 0.75″ Día Minimum Radius 150 mm, and round tubes up to 2″Dia Minimum Radius 500 mm.
- Induction Bending, compared to cold forming methods, induction bending minimizes deformation of the material and distortion of the cross-section even when tight radius bends are required. This hot bending process is a preferred alternative to the traditional cold bending process as it limits wall thinning, rippling and ovality. It is the consistency and predictability of this bending process that contributes to the high quality and Reliaty of bends. Heat induction bending enables the bending of large pipes, steel beams, as well as square and rectangular tubes.
- Compound Bending, called “elevation and plan view curve” or “camber and sweep” or “hard way and easy way,” compound bends are commonly used in canopies, arched roofs on curved steel buildings, and domes. The steel bending of many shapes including angle, tube, beam, bar, channel, sheet and plate can be formed into compound curves that are true and plumb
- Helical Spiral Bending can be done with virtually every structural steel section as well as with plate. Actually, spiral bending most accurately refers to curved steel that has the shape of a hose coiled flat on the ground or the shape of the heating coil of a cooking range. The resultant coils are sometimes called “pancake coils.
- Minimum Radius Bending, having developed a variety of steel bending processes, Metal Rolled Products has great expertise in curving structural steel, plate and sheet to tight radii without any distortion. Such tight bending can be done with angle, bar, beam, channel, pipe, tube, tees, sheet and plate. Multi-radius bends, helical bends, off-axis bends, compound bends and reverse curves can also be produced with minimum bending radii.
- Multi-Radius Bending, Multi-Radius steel bending can be accomplished within the same part, saving customers splices and material wasted at the ends of the bending. Ellipses, parabolas, and special cambers would fall under this category. Flat, “pancake” coils or true spirals can also be produced. (Note: “Helical spiral bending” is a misnomer-spirals are curved in one plane, helixes in two.) Applications of this type of curved steel include ornamental iron work, elliptical structures, and multi-radius structural supports.
- Off-Axis Bending, Off-axis bending is also called conical rolling and is specified by citing a major and a minor diameter along with the height and degree of arc of the curved steel. In construction applications, off-axis bends are commonly used on roofs and domes and can be formed from many shapes including angle, bar, beam, channel, tube, sheet and plate. Conical steel bending is also commonly used in industrial equipment such as funnels, transitions, and stacks.
- Reverse Curve Bending, Reverse or “S” curves occur when the center of the radius flips from one side of the part to the other. Typically, a few feet of straight should be allowed between the change. However, certain steel sections of curved steel can be made with no straight at the inflection point. Mandrel tube bending as well as three-roll steel bending are processes that lend themselves to bending reverse curves. Often expensive weld splices can be eliminated with this curved steel process.
We Can produce a wide range of bend sizes in custom pipes. Regardless of industry or application, custom pipe bending provides cost-saving and timesaving Advantage. Precision pipe bending also offers an efficient and cost effective solution for projects that require custom shaped pipes.
Custom Pipe Bending Capabilities,
Taimco skill with metal forming offers you the flexibility and precision needed for simple projects and complex applications.